Join us for an engaging session kickstart your journey with the DROPS Metaverse and Virtual Reality Training.
The DROPS Asia Chapter, in collaboration with Shell Malaysia, Stopdrop, Dropsafe, and Axess, developed a unique metaverse. It focuses on learning, collaboration, and dropped objects prevention knowledge sharing. After successful training courses in November ’22 and March ’23, we’re expanding our content. We’re offering immersive half-day VR DROPS Training sessions. The DROPS Metaverse is available for other companies to utilize.
In this Kickstart with DROPS Metaverse and VR workshop, gain valuable insights on:
- DROPS resources overview: Learn about tools like Reliable Securing, DROPS Calculator, Tools at Height, and Recommended Practice. Enhance workplace safety with these resources.
- Virtual Reality and Metaverse advancements: Stay updated on VR technology and Metaverse applications in dropped object prevention training.
- First VR hardware purchasing tips: Learn factors to consider when buying VR hardware like the Meta Quest, ensuring the best equipment for your needs.
- Starting with the DROPS Metaverse: Get guidance on using the DROPS Metaverse effectively, boosting dropped object prevention efforts.
- DROPS Metaverse features: Explore features such as classroom training support, remote guided training, self-paced training, interactive incident learning, virtual HSE events, team building, product exhibitions, and networking opportunities.
The workshop includes a 30-minute presentation and a 30-minute Q&A session. Engage in discussion and clarification.
- We’ll host the session via Zoom or Teams, encouraging active participation with video and audio sharing. Enjoy an interactive experience. The group size is limited to 25 participants for an engaging atmosphere.
- DROPS Asia Secretary & Facilitator Joachim van der Meulen will expertly host and guide attendees. Explore the immersive DROPS Metaverse world together.
- Before attending, download and install the DROPS Metaverse on your computer. Make the most of your workshop experience.
Join us for this exciting opportunity to dive into the world of dropped object prevention. Learn how to harness cutting-edge technology to enhance safety in your workplace. Collaborate with like-minded professionals, exchange ideas, and contribute to building a safer work environment. Register for the workshop today and embark on your journey with the DROPS Metaverse and Virtual Reality Training.
DROPS Metaverse: A Game-Changer in Quality Training Experiences
Virtual Reality (VR) has become popular, changing how we interact with digital content. In the energy sector, the DROPS Metaverse is an example of how VR can be used for innovative training and educational purposes. It provides many benefits to professionals and organizations.
DROPS Metaverse and Immersive Learning Scenarios:
The DROPS Metaverse has a range of 3D multiplayer environments on specific topics. These include safety and best practices in the energy industry. Interactive scenarios like Hazard Hunt, Cargo Inspection, and Human Factors are available. More are being developed, such as Tools at Height, Red Zone Management, DROPS Calculator, and Learnings from Incidents. Experts collaborate to create these scenarios based on DROPS Recommended Practices. This ensures participants receive accurate information.
In one scenario, participants inspect offshore containers before lifting. They follow the DROPS best practice “Backloading.” Guided by an instructor, they identify hazards and discuss real-world implications.
Another scenario focuses on human factors causing workplace accidents. It includes peer pressure and lack of situational awareness. In this multiple-choice scenario, captured through 360-degree video techniques, participants learn about STOP work authority and its implementation.
The Hazard Hunt scenario, created by Axess Group and Shell Malaysia, has participants inspect an offshore drilling rig’s derrick. They learn essential concepts like primary securing methods, secondary retention, safety securing, hierarchy of controls, and galvanic corrosion.
Benefits of Virtual Reality in the Energy Sector:
A significant advantage of VR training is learning from real-life incidents in a controlled environment. By re-enacting incidents in the DROPS Metaverse, students immerse themselves in the situation. They gain a deeper understanding of events and strategies to prevent them from happening again.
Using customizable avatars and spatial audio, participants interact with each other in 3D environments. This replicates real-life experiences. This approach reduces travel, saves costs, lowers carbon footprint, and increases convenience. It also allows access to the best experts worldwide, promoting knowledge sharing. Participants receive the most up-to-date information without travel-related logistics.
The Future of Virtual Reality in the Energy Sector:
The DROPS Metaverse is expanding to host live events, like the face-to-face DROPS Forum recreated in Virtual Reality. These events enable remote interaction and feature presentations, Q&A sessions, and networking receptions. They foster connections and collaboration within the industry. The Virtual Forum includes an exhibition showcasing contributions, products, and services from sponsors like Stopdrop Tooling, Dropsafe, Axess Group, and Shell Malaysia.
The DROPS Metaverse showcases the numerous benefits of incorporating Virtual Reality in the energy sector for training and educational purposes. By offering immersive, interactive experiences that allow professionals to learn from real-world incidents, collaborate with experts, and reduce travel costs and carbon footprint, the DROPS Metaverse is shaping the future of the energy industry, making it safer, more efficient, and interconnected.