The DROPS Asia Committee meets on a bi-monthly basis and serves as a network to stimulate cross company collaboration around the subject of dropped object prevention.
Common agenda items include
- Learnings from Incidents
- Sharing of best practices
- Review vendors and specific solutions
- Preparation for public events
The DROPS Asia committee membership is aimed at large companies with a significant workforce with exposure to the risk of dropped objects. Current members include Petronas, Shell, Borr Drilling, Velesto, Baker Hughes and Vantage Drilling. The steering committee sets the direction of the chapter and provides funding for its activities.
Why does the DROPS Asia Committee meet?
Dropped object prevention is crucial for workplace safety in industries like oil and gas, construction, and mining. The DROPS Committee focuses on reducing dropped object risks and promoting best practices.
HSE leaders from competing companies can share ideas and experiences, enhancing safety performance across the industry. Regular meetings and DROPS Committee collaboration offer opportunities to:
- Share best practices: HSE leaders exchange successful dropped object prevention strategies, enabling faster industry-wide adoption.
- Develop standardized guidelines: The DROPS Committee establishes consistent guidelines, ensuring all companies align their prevention efforts.
- Benchmark performance: Companies compare dropped object prevention performance, identifying improvement areas and setting best practice targets.
- Collaborate on research: HSE leaders identify knowledge gaps and work together on research projects to address challenges.
- Training and awareness: The DROPS Committee develops shared training materials, raising employee awareness about dropped object risks.
- Incident analysis: Companies share incident data, jointly analyzing root causes and developing targeted prevention strategies.
Participating in the DROPS Committee and engaging with HSE leaders from competing companies contribute to a safer working environment. This collaboration benefits individual companies and strengthens the overall industry.
For further information, please contact the DROPS Asia Secretary Joachim van der Meulen at email@example.com